Monday, June 7, 2010

I belong to several on-line quilting groups - so who doesn't - and I have chosen each of the groups for a different reason.  The "Sewmanyswaps" group is appropriately named as there is always some kind of swap going on.  I don't join in all the swaps because sometimes I don't have the time to make the blocks that are swapped or I just don't like the theme being swapped or any other really good reason.

I did sign up for the swap this month which is a 5" charm swap using all 1930s reproduction prints.  The swap consists of sets of 12 charms in the same fabric.  We can send up to 12 sets and I decided to make all 12 sets.  These kinds of swaps, as all quilters who swap know, has a two-fold purpose.  We get to use up our stash and then receive all new fabrics for new projects!!!

The other thing I really like about this group is that every month there is a charity lotto where we make a block (typically) that will go into a charity quilt for a hospital or an orphanage or other charity.  For the month of June we are to send in fat quarters (FQs) in bright kids fabrics that will be used to make quilts for sick kids at a local hospital (Lawrence Memorial Hospital) in Lawrence, Kansas.  Each FQ we send in will give us one chance in a random drawing. The prizes are include a charm pack and a cute folk art embroidery pattern and even more prizes if lots and lots of FQs are sent in!!!

So, I went through my stash this afternoon, found all the FQs above and put them in the mail to the gal who is running the June charity lotto.

Now I just have to wait to see if I win one of the lotto prizes and wait until sometime after June 30 when I get a package in the mail with 144 new prints to add to my already bulging 1930s reproduction stash!!!  All this quilting stuff is great fun!!!

No comments: