Thursday, March 10, 2011

I Chose My Fabrics for My Kool Kaleidoscope Quilt

I went through my stash this afternoon and had so much fun picking and choosing from all of my bright and fun fabrics!!  Here is what I chose:
You can click on the picture to get a larger view of the fabrics.

In the "Selecting Fabrics" section of the book, Ricky suggests that most of the fabrics be from a selection that I find captivating and enticing!!  He also suggests that solids and mottled solids should be included to help establish strong angles in the kaleidoscope design.  So, tomorrow I am forced to run to my favorite LQS and find a few solids or mottled solids to enhance the fun fabrics I have already chosen!!

2 comments:

Carol G said...

WOW! This is going to be so colorful. Can't wait for you to get started.

Chris said...

This is going to be a stunning quilt. Are you going to the Scrappy Apple? I LOVE that shop :)