Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Look What Came in the Mail Yesterday!! Hoo! Hoo!

And now I get to start on it!!  Interesting though, this quilt is nothing like I thought it would be!!!  But boy is it ever going to be super fun!!  I read the entire book last night.  Something I do not usually do but I am learning that with these intricate quilts, its a REALLY good idea!!

Ok, I am off to the stash to look for 15-20 fabrics!!  The neat thing about this quilt is that every Kool Kaleidoscope quilt on the planet with be COMPLETELY different, even if the same fabrics are used!!

Stay tuned for a progress report!! 

5 comments:

fiberdoodles said...

I love his work and I can't wait to see how yours turns out!

Thank you for stopping by ;0)
Happy quilting!!

Carol G said...

Glad you can get started now. It has been a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing your fabric choices and how your quilt takes shape. Good luck!
quiltfever.wordpress.com

Auntie Em said...

You go girl! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Lynda said...

You will have so much fun with this. I'm so looking forward to your fabrics and how they go together. My center is done and I'm just working on a border. My Bee thinks I should leave it just like it is and use it for a table topper. I'm leaning in that direction right now. Enjoy this fun process.

Pauline said...

Wow Kris, this is going to be some quilt! Have you chosen your fabrics and can we hsve a peek at them?

On another note, I stand defeated! I am sure one of my stitching blogs (on the right side of my blog) had a post about earthquake quilts. I have looked through the obvious blogs and scrolled through past posts in the hope of spying it. It's driving me slightly more nuts than I am already!