Monday, May 2, 2011

Grand Quilter Hobby 1200

I bought this gorgeous sewing machine
about three years ago  along with the quilting frame
so I could learn to quilt larger quilts.  Well, I have never really had any room to put up the quilting frame and after spending a day with my friend Sue over at Summit Creek Quilts, I have decided that being a machine quilter is not my cup of tea.

Just recently, I heard that one could use this machine without putting it on the frame and so, on Saturday, I pulled it out of the box for the very first time to see if I could, in fact, use it alone.  I think that I can but I thought I would put a call out to the quilting community and see if anyone has this machine and uses it without the frame.

Also, I purchased the Automatic Stitch Regular and wondered if I could use it on the machine without the frame.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Kris, go over to Quilted Works with your questions. They should be able to help you (if you get the right person). They sell Pfaff.