Friday, July 15, 2011

Boxes are Evaporating Like the Rain in the Desert

Well, the move is coming along swimmingly!!!  Each day both Regena and I are emptying boxes and culling out duplicates or un-needed stuff.  I do have to admit that Regena is much more productive than me!!!  Not sure why, but its true!!  Also, she's a very good cook and if I keep eating like I have this past week I am going to put on a ton of weight!!  Yiks!!

But, here is my current dilemma - I have this kind of ugly built-in brown shelf on the wall where my work space is located and I am just not sure what to do with it.  It goes as high as about 8 inches from the ceiling down to about chest height:
Do I just use it for dolls and critters or is there some way I can utilize it so it is a productive part of my sewing room??  I don't think I can take it down but I might try painting it so it is not quite so brown!!!  This is my big project for the weekend!!!

Have a great weekend wherever you might be!!!  And Pauline, here is a small glimpse of part of my workspace!!!  Hee! Hee!!

9 comments:

yorkie mom said...

I actually like that shelf! I would box it in on the sides, paint it a beautiful color and put all your fabric stash neatly folded to inspire you daily!

Anonymous said...

No matter what my shelves look like I always have uses for them for all the *stuff that collects. I've noticed a lot of people who blog paint things in either black or white these days. I have a sewing rocker and a table that I will be painting soon and I think I'll paint them a shade of creamy white since that goes with what I already have.

Anonymous said...

I agree with yorkie mom. Paint it a fun color and keep books, pincushions and some fabric on it!

Mary said...

How about putting quilt books on the shelves. I love shelves. They are great from the storage aspect.

Chris said...

I think once you have stuff on the shelves, they will not look so brown. It will look great.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

You could put fat quarters, thread, etc. on the shelves. I would keep them but maybe paint them white.

Pauline said...

Kris, thanks for this very important post on the state of your new sewing room!

I like the shelf too. Cos I'm impatient, I'd tell myself that plain ole brown is the perfect non-colour that the eye won't notice when it's stacked full of lovely stash and I wouldn't even bother to paint it!

Victoria said...

I see fabric stashed on freshly painted white shelves. It will look like it is floating and give you fresh inspiration.
Great work on the unpacking...I still have boxes from 23 years ago!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I like the shelves. I'm always looking for somewhere to put nick knacks or other little things. I think I would put a few dolls and some baskets. Then you could tuck whatever little things you need to in the baskets. Little scraps of fabric, etc.