Sunday, September 18, 2011

A New Baby is Coming!!!

My youngest nephew and his darling wife informed us a few weeks ago that they are having a new baby that will arrive the first part of March!!  This is their first!!  Since Aunt Kris has not heard (and I don't think anyone knows yet) if it is a boy or a girl, I decided to make a little snuggle blanket that will work for either.  I think it turned out pretty cute!


I did have to rip out two rows of the edging because I accidently worked a half double crochet in the second row and by the time I had completed the full double crochet in the third row, it stuck out oo much and folded over, but the new edging works pretty good!!


It's going in the mail tomorrow to go into Baby Young's layette!!

5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is so cute!! Great for 'either/or' and just love the fabric.

Martha said...

I love it!! That crochet pattern is so nice.

Miss Hillbilly said...

oooohhh, you are going to be a proud Auntie! And, yes, best get started now...you will really be sewing things up when you find out whether it's a boy or girl!

My Life and Quilting said...

Hi Kris... What a lovely blanket... I am sure the baby and mom and dad will love it... I love the edging... Congrats to the parents.. Hugs :)

Nedra said...

Perfect for either a boy or a girl. I love those crochet edgings, and haven't done some for a while. They really make wonderful baby gifts.