Sunday, November 13, 2011

Charity Quilt Completed at the Last Minute

Oh, boy, I have been like many of you here is blogland - SICK!!  I finally went to the doctor last Tuesday and he said I had bronchitis and sent me home with antibiotics, an inhaler and codiene cough syrup!!  He also told me that if the tightness in my chest was not gone by tomorrow then I needed to go in for a chest ex-ray as he said it might be pneumonia and the antibiotics he gave me would not take care of any pneumonia.

So, I have been hanging low this past week but I had charity quilt for Church that needed to be finished by 6:30 lat night.  I was given the fabric to work with and it was the ugliest fabric in the world but I managed to make a pretty quilt quilt out of it by cutting off the tea pot border and cutting it all up in to 6 inch squares and adding a couple of borders.  It is a double/queen size so I couldn't get good pictures but here is a taste ~





It really did turn out quite well given what I had to work with and I contributed the border fabrics and enough of the red to do the back.  Just as I was smoothing out the back after folding it - the door bell rang!!  Whew!!  Finished just in the nick of time!!

Everyone enjoy your Sabbath Day!!

3 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Wonderful quilt!
Take care of yourself - rest and recover!!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery, and soon.
Nice quilt!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Hope you're getting better!! Love this quilt. Looks so cozy!
xx