Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Finish for Dear Friends!!

Last fall I finished a quilt, except for the binding and the label, for dear friends of my Dad's and mine.  Life got in the way and it sat in a box until yesterday afternoon.  I cut the binding and spent the day attaching it.  The label is ready to sew on in the morning and then in the mail to Bob and Jeanne.


Here is the quilt on the front porch.  This was a hard quilt for me to not keep.  I love the colors and Sue did such a beautiful job on the quilting.

Below is the tree right by the front porch with all the old bird houses in it.  Click on the picture to better see the old houses.  I haven't seen any birds or babies though.


Oh, how I love living here!!

4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

It may be pass nesting season, plus if the houses aren't cleaned out each yr, they won't use them. It looks like a very pretty and serene place to live.

Jeanneke said...

That beautiful quilt will make a unique gift to your friends!
I'm so glad to know you feel happy in your new home.
Blessings,

Jeanneke.

Anonymous said...

The quilt is beautiful-such lovely colors. Where you are living now seems to be such a nice area, and I love the birdhouses! There is just something about them whether there are birds or not. Beautiful treasures...

elliek said...

Beautiful quilt and I'm also glad you are loving your new home