Monday, July 2, 2012

I Arrived Safely at My New Home

But on the way up, all through Utah there were lots and lots of fires!


 This fire was so bad that when I pulled over to get gas, there was so much ash falling that it almost seemed like it was snowing.

Both the 24 foot Budget truck and my van functioned well and got us here!
 And it was so funny.  I had about 15 men and boys help me to load the truck in St. George and another 15 or so to unload the truck in Weston.  I heard one older guy ask another of the men how can one old woman have a 24 foot truck full of stuff when she has so little furniture??  The other guy said, my wife says she is a quilter!!  I laughed out loud!!

Here is my new home and my new surroundings!!  It's like I am going to be a park ranger all day long!!



And here are the first two days of setting up my studio!!  It is going to be wonderful when it is done!!




I think I have just begun a wonderful new adventure!!

12 comments:

WoolenSails said...

What a scary drive, but glad you made it safely. Love the views and your new home, a place to create and be inspired.

Debbie

Deanna said...

Oh, what a lovely home! And you have lots of fabric and everything you need for creative peace. Enjoy!

Jeanneke said...

Good luck and a happy (quilting)life is what I wish for you in your new wonderful home!
Blessings,

Jeanneke.

Kimberly said...

Thank you for your kind words, Kris... it's been nice to meet you so far through etsy! Your drive looked dark, but your new home looks wonderful! I wish you all the best, Kimberly

elliek said...

Hope that your new home brings many blessings. It looks wonderful. Can't get over all those bolts of fabric! Enjoy the settling in.

WATTLE GIRL said...

May your new home be blessed. May you enjoy the cool weather,(116) in St George. May you stay long and live happy AND do SEW much.
. Hugs from down under XXXXXX

WATTLE GIRL said...

May your new home be blessed. May you enjoy the cool weather,(116) in St George. May you stay long and live happy AND do SEW much.
. Hugs from down under XXXXXX

WATTLE GIRL said...

ps if I need some more respite,next year, I know where I am coming too.tee hee looks like my kind of place. mmm

Single Threads said...

I finally had time to check out your blog. I love the house. You made the right decision, even though I miss you and Polly something fierce. The house and surroundings are beautiful and I truly can see why you wanted to leave this desert and and 110 deg. Oh, and by the way, the lawn mower IS YOU. I love and miss you.

Denise :) said...

How am I missing all this??! Wow -- your new place is lovely!!! :)

Christian said...

After all the trouble, I’m glad you’ve reached your destination safely. Are you really planning to put your living room outside? That would be cool especially during summer. However, you’ll have to make adjustments when winter comes. Your new place is so at peace. I’m sure you will be able to maximize your creativity in there. Good fortune for you, park ranger! He-he.

Christian Traughber

Kathrine Landau said...

Wow! You have found quite a beautiful haven! A house built in a forest-like setting and a view of the mountain - what else can you ask for? I can stay out all day with this kind of environment. With the fresh air, warm weather, and wonderful view, it would be pretty easy to just forget all your troubles!


-Kathrine Landau