Friday, August 30, 2013

My First Week of School . . .

and what a week!!

School started Monday morning with a class on Folk Materials that meets three days a week.  Then, I gave blood down at the Student Center before my afternoon French class began.  The young man that I sat next to while waiting to give blood was in shock when I told him I was a student and not a techer!!  So cute!!

I take the bus to school and then walk and walk and walk to get to my classes.  By Wednesday night my legs and knees hurt so bad I could not sleep!!  Yiks!!  My mind keeps saying I am only 23 years old but my dang body keep reminding me I am 63!!

While on the bus and the wait between classes, I was able to get my August Hexagon Flowers for the Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap done ~


Maggie wanted Civil War reproduction fabrics for the petals and cream or tan centers.  I thought these two flowers just hit the spot!!  Hope she enjoys them!!

I am loving both of my classes and I already have the French alphabet memorized!!  It's only the end of the first week and I am exhausted!!  :-))

I also got a quilt top completed for a pattern maker, testing it for errors in the instructions!!  Wow!!  That is a new experience and one that I think I am not too apt to do again!!  But it's done and it turned out real cute.  Can't show pictures cuz it isn't my quilt.

It's that time a year too for Quilt Guilds to start up after the summer hiatus and our Guild had it's organizational meeting Tuesday morning.  I am the new Blog Mommy this coming year!!  Do any of you belong to Guilds and do your Guilds have blogs??

Hope you all had as good of a week as I have had!!

Until tomorrow!!
Kris

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Bless you for going back to school - don't think I could handle that. Our guild starts up in a couple of weeks - I am V.P. for the next two years, we had an officers' meeting this week and it looks like we have a super 2-yr plan in place.

Jeanneke said...

Chapeau pour vous, Madame!

Sending love and blessings,

Jeanneke.

Janet O. said...

Oh, you are amazing, going back to school! I don't think my brain or body could handle it again.
And how lucky for you to end up blog mommy! : )