Thursday, March 27, 2014

I Live Alone . . .

and I am a creative person (well, at least I think so - LOL!!) and I am super messy!!






These are pictures of my living room!!  Now, normally I am okay with the messes I make because I am a creative kind of gal!!  But, since I have been working, my messes linger longer and its starting to bug the heck out of me.

Now, I see some of the beautifully appointed sewing rooms and studios of my fellow bloggers and I can just say, "Wow, how can they keep their space so neat and tidy?"

Plus, when I get visitors, I always have to say as they walk in the front door, "Sorry about the mess!!"  So, I decided to make a change.  My little house has 2 bedrooms, one small and one not so small.  Up until now, the bedroom was the larger of the rooms and I have decided to switch them out and put my sewing room in the larger bedroom!!

Here are the beginning transformations~


The wallpaper was some of that wonderful embossed, shiny paper from the 1970s!!


That was not pre-pasted, but instead required the hanger to paint the wall with wallpaper paste first!!


And the carpet was this ugly blue-green 1970s sculpted carpet that was covering these gorgeous hard wood floors!!  Now that is another story - the previous owners used deck screws to screw the boards down to keep them from squeeking, I guess.  Anyway, yiks!!


Then when looking for a new color for the walls, I did some research on color therapy and found that blue was the color for creativity.  Remember above how I told you I was a creative person??  Well, now, blue must certainly be the color for the walls of a room to foster my creativity, right??


So, I am trying to decide - the the middle color which is periwinkle blue - my fave!!  Or the lighter blue  that is probably a better choice!!  What do you think, periwinkle blue or Ocean Dream??

Stay tuned for updates!!

11 comments:

JoAnne said...

I think it is a great idea to change the larger bedroom into a studio. I visited a condo once where an older couple lived and the master bedroom was her quilt studio and they used the second bedroom for sleeping. As far as paint goes, normally I'm a bold sort of person, but I think that in this case, the lighter shade will be plenty of color once all the walls are done. I have a nice sewing room, too, and I'll share that it is never neat and clean. If I post photos, I don't go in a fabulously clean room and take pictures, I clear out one section and take a picture, then clear out another, and so forth! Good luck!

Denise :) said...

Good for you!! I can't wait to see progress as you get time to work on your *new* sewing room!!! :)

Janet O. said...

WooHoo! Look at you go! Let me know when you are painting. If I am available, I will come help.
I like my walls lighter in color, but you could do one wall the darker color if it really is important to you.
This is exciting!!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Ooooh Ocean Dream would be a great place to dream and be creative! :-) Have fun creating your sewing space!

elliek said...

Yeah someone whose home looks like mine!!! I am super messy too and with 3 other people in the house well... you can imagine. I love the Periwinkle blue but I like the suggestion of 3 walls in Ocean dream and one in Periwinkle. Have fun and show us the end result.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I, too, like the 3 lite walls and one darker. Enjoy your make over.

Mary said...

Congratulations on working on your new sewing room, I would go with the blue you like the best!

Wendy said...

Yay, a new sewing room! I would go with the color that makes your heart leap! Which color excites you the most? That will be the one that will have you excited about creating in your new sewing space....

Sherrill said...

Hmm, that house looks familiar..very much like mine. It's just me here and very little company so I say why bother picking up and putting away. I never can remember where I put it which REALLY bugs me! I'd paint it whatever color was my fav..but the 3/1 wall is a nice idea, too.

KERYN B said...

Those floorboards are beautiful I hope they are staying. Either blue is lovely but the light one looks nice and calming. I can't wait to see your room finished.

Nancy said...

How great this will be when finished but what a lot of work. Why not make an accent wall and use both colors since they seem to go together so well.
Good luck!