Friday, July 31, 2015

I am Finishing Up the final Touches Around the House . . .

before I get on the bus to go pick my little brother up from Bend, Oregon!!


I am going up there to help him finish up packing and to travel back down here with him.  He is coming to live with me so we can take care of each other as we grow old!!

We are coming back with a 20 ft. U-Haul, towing his car behind and his 25 foot trailer pulled by his 1974 truck!!  Yiks!!  A little concerned about that old truck but with both of us travelling side by side, we should be fine!!

The highlight of the trip will be spending a day up at Sisters, Oregon!!



Here's the funny story that goes along with a visit to Sisters.  When Kelly and I were young, I forced him to go to the fabric stores with me.  He hated it but I really didn't give him much of a choice!!  I know, mean big sister!!

I told Kelly that I would love to go up to Sisters and visit the fabric shops since I had missed the big quilt show earlier in the month.  His reaction??  REALLLLLLY????  Ha!  Ha!!  Still the mean big sister after 55 years!!

I'm soooooo excited to see Sisters again!!

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Safe journey!

Janet O. said...

Sounds like you and your brother will make quite the caravan! Be praying for a safe trip for you!
I hope you two can get along--does he know he is moving into a quilt shop?!?
Enjoy Sisters. DD#2 went to the quilt shop there on her family vacation this year. I have still never been.

KaHolly said...

Have a safe and uneventful trip! Take good care of each other.