Friday, July 24, 2015

It Was Suggested to Me . . .

that aluminum foil would sharpen my rotary blade, giving it more life.


So, I decided to give it a try - what could it hurt??


I folded the aluminum foil into a strip so there was a bit more depth for the blade to travel through.


Then, I made cuts as close together as I could so that I got the biggest bang out of the strip.


And then I tried it on a scrap of fabric.  Dang!!  It worked!!


Boy, as expensive as these rotary blades have become over the past few years, a little piece of aluminum foil is worth it to extend the life a bit longer.  Then, I took the cut-up foil and recycled it!!  Win, win for everyone!!

Give it a try and let me know what you think!!

4 comments:

Julianne said...

Awesome! thanks for the tip!

Janet O. said...

I have heard about this for years, but never tried it. For that matter, I have also never tried the electric blade sharpener that The Grace Company gave me after they brought all of those Juki big-wigs to my sewing room. How bad is that? : )

Nancy said...

Thanks for the tip. I will give it a try,

Melody said...

I will give this a try, thank you for the tip.