Wednesday, June 1, 2016

A New Experience!!

A gal emailed my on my Etsy shop and said she liked a specific piece of fabric and would like to have a pillow made out of it.  Then, she asked if I made pillows.  Welllll, I said, yeah, sure!!  I fibbed just a bit, because I have never made a pillow cover before.  But after a couple weeks of hee-hawing around, I finally put something together that I think she will like!!


The fabric is Kaffe Fassett, well of course!!  One of his more demure prints!


 It's hard to see (unless you click on the picture to enlarge it), but I quilted the fabric 
in a meandering design and I made it in the envelope style, using velcro to keep it closed.


And I added some antique buttons at the closure line.

I love how it turned out!!  Do you think she would mind if I just kept it??  She also wants a lumbar pillow in the same fabric, but I am having a more difficult time trying to figure out how I want it to look!!  Stay tuned!!

1 comment:

Janet O. said...

I wouldn't have recognized that as a Kaffe print.
I think it looks great, and I love the extra touch the buttons add. : )