Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Post Season Baseball . . .

is upon us and I always love a good ball game.  The Los Angeles Dodgers are up against the Chicago Cubs for the privilage to play in the World Series and my brother's favorite team is the Dodgers, so we are really enjoying the games.  A little bit of trivia here (if you care) is that the Cubs have not won the World Series since 1908!!  Yikes!!  So we are sorta rooting for them too!!

But, I needed a good project that was mindless and that I could just sit and do for each game and I found the perfect solution:


I have been trying different methods to make a rag rug and I just have not found one I liked  . . . until now!  Using scraps, I am tearing strips that are about 1 inch wide, tying them together like this:

Purple and green strips
Make a small clip in each end of both the strips
Insert the purple strip into the slit of the green strip
Pull the purple strip all the way through until you are at the
far end of the purple strip
Like thus
Then pull the strips tight to make a knot,
making sure you don't pull so hard the fabric rips
Then, I am crocheting them into a circle with a huge hook and this is how it is coming along.  I am hoping to have a 6 foot rug, but ya know, each row keeps taking longer and longer and longer!!  Oh, well, I have to the end of the World Series!!  Yes!!
This one is totally scrappy but you could do a color scheme if you so desired!!

4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh love this project!! Great use of scraps and I like it totally scrappy.

Janet O. said...

Love the look of rag rugs!
Shall we hope for long games with extra innings so you can get a rug the size you want? : )

KaHolly said...

Brilliant project! You can do it! 6' or bust! XO

celia ambrose said...

This looks so cool! I don't know that I would have the patience to do it, but it looks great.