Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Heaven and Earth Cross Stitch Design

A Heaven and Earth Design also known as a HAED is a counted cross stitch that is done typically on a cloth that has lots of threads within one inch or the thread count.  An HAED is typically stiched across one thread as opposed to across two threads.

So, I joined this Facebook group where all these crazy people were working on these HAEDs and so I decided I would start the one that I got a little over a year ago right after Cecil the lion was killed by the crumb-bum American dentist (you can read about Cecil HERE) in a cruel and inhuman way.

Heaven and Earth Design offered this gorgeous counted cross stitch as a tribute to Cecil ~


Now the design is 14" wide by 10" high and will consist of 92,050 stiches when complete!!

Here is what I have gotten done so far ~


I am doing mine on 26 ct even weave and this is 100 stitches.  It measures about 3/8" x 3/8" (You can click on the picture to get a closer look).  My goal is to have this done by my 70th birthday!!

This will either keep me young or drive me crazy!!

7 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

It will probably drive you crazy - but enjoy it!! Lovely piece.

Anonymous said...

wow its going to look amazing.

Janet O. said...

Oh, my goodness, Kris. Even in my cross-stitch days I never tackled anything this ambitious! It is gorgeous!
Do you mean it will keep you young because now you will never reach 70?

KaHolly said...

Oh, my! You are very brave! This will sure keep you busy. And focused! Good luck! XO

elliek said...

So a very looong term project😄

cheap digitizing embroidery said...

Very informative article and you have explained concern things with very deeply appreciated!.

Albert William said...
This comment has been removed by the author.