Thursday, January 18, 2018

Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Cross Blocks

Seems like I am busy all day knocking down walls or trying to get all my sewing projects and fabrics in some kind of working order but at night I have been playing with the POTC blocks for the new swap I am in.  This is January's block and is going in the mail tomorrow morning to Janet G.


I wasn't sure about the leaves on the outside corners but as I put them on, it really calmed down the whole block.

Here is the block I received this week for my December block from Debbie in Florida.  It took three tries for Debbie's beautiful December POTC to get to me!! The first one was just lost to the snail mail stratosphere, the second one she made (to replace the lost one) was returned to her saying no one lived in my house (small town shenanigans) and then finally on the third try it arrived this week!! Thank you, Debbie, I love, love, love it!! And my brother said it is fabulous!! Ya know, gotta get that brotherly approval!!


I asked for Kim Diehl fabrics and that is what I got!!  Happy girl here!!  I think this may be my new obsession!!

6 comments:

Tammy J said...

Very nice! I've been hearing more problems with the postal service lately. I'm glad it all worked out!

Janet O. said...

Wow--your creation is stunning, Kris!
The one you received looks great. Love it in Kim's fabrics. The patriotic color scheme is perfect.

Doniene said...

Gorgeous! How fun! Can’t wait to see the others!!

Blessings and hugs!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your block reminds me of a bouquet. Very pretty. The block you received is great too. Fun fabrics.

KaHolly said...

Both blocks are stunning!

elliek said...

Beautiful blocks. This is on the to do list for this year. I even have a mini Lucy Boston kit!